Scousers don’t get knocked out. It’s a bold claim, but is it true?
Do Scousers really have the strongest chins in the country or even the North West? Turns out they do!
Some Knock-Out Stats Involving Fighters:
- Liverpool fighters have the lowest loss by KO of all major UK cities, just 13%!
- Liverpool fighters win nearly 60% of all their fights (59%)
- Liverpool fighters win 23% of all fights via KO, meaning 31% of all wins are KOs
- In comparison, Manchester fighters lose 20% of their fights by KO – ouch!
- If you wondering about the Americans, fighters from Las Vegas have lost 19% of fights due to KO, and for Vermont fighters, it is 26%
|Total fights lost by KO/TKO|
Paddy Pimblett and Molly McCann Prepare for London Showdown
UFC fans can look forward to London Fight Night 208, which will see Paddy Pimblett fight Vegas southpaw Jordan Leavitt and fellow scouser Molly McCann take on Vermont’s Hannah Goldy.
According to the data, fighters from Liverpool are the least likely to be knocked out of all MMA fighters across the UK and Ireland and are 7% less likely to be knocked out than fighters from their nearest rival city Manchester.
Fighters from Liverpool are nearly 10% less likely to be knocked out than fighters from Pimblett’s American opponent, Jordan Leavitt’s home city of Las Vegas.
Out of Pimblett’s 21 professional matches, he has won 18, 6 by KO or TKO, yet no one has so far succeeded in knocking out the 26-year-old lightweight.
Jordan Leavitt, on the other hand, has only knocked out one opponent, Denver’s Matt Wiman, in December 2020.
McCann has an even better record, with the flyweight winning 12 of her 16 professional fights, never suffering a KO herself but has knocked out five opponents, including her last opponent Sao Paulo’s Luana Carolina Carvalho de Souza, in March of this year.
Her opponent Hannah Goldy has won 6 out of 8 of her matches, never been knocked out but hasn’t knocked out an opponent since Vanessa Marie Grimes in 2018.
Featured image credits to Embed from Getty Images